When one lets an idea in, and lets it soak into the most intimate parts of their emotions, how do they let it go? How do you move past something that feels like it tears your heart open if you move from it in the slightest? What do I have to do to wrench this concept out of the deepest parts of me? So deep, that it will take a very large knife to cut it out, and will leave a gaping wound when I am done?
Wounds heal, and the scars left can be beautiful if you let them remind you of how much you have grown, and of all of the things you have not only lived through, but conquered. I will wear my battle scars proudly, and I will always remember how I have felt, and how it will never fully change, even if it is time to let go of some things.
My love will never change, and never disappear, just as I will always be here. However, I have realized that I have been pining, and that level of longing isn't necessarily healthy. Words have failed me, and you cannot convince someone of something they aren't willing to accept for themselves. So this is me... Letting go. I will let my heart break, on my own accord, so that I can put it together again with stronger foundations. It hurts, but eventually that will turn into a good kind of hurt, a healing hurt.
I'm laying down my weapons; I will never stop trying to show you how truly beautiful you are, but I have nothing more in my arsenal that would allow me to continue trying to be anything more than you are comfortable with us being right now. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and whether it is in this life, or another, if it is meant to be it will be. There is a strong faith within me, that allows me to accept the way things are, and acknowledge that they will work out how they are supposed to. I can keep my optimistic outlook here, and be thankful for having you in my life just the way you are, I need nothing more.
I had a agirl rip me open (hey its happened once before) but this time I looked at it a little different. I remember it as being a great relationship......but I had to let it go...there was closure in that fact for me..... Just like the old adage about the butterfly and it coming back to you.... I had to let it go and now my thoughts are good when i think of her...and not about the break up.....
ReplyDelete