8.05.2015

Happy Blogiversary Kimi Who! + $100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

Happy Blogiversary Kimi Who! + $100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

Many of you probably know my good friend and sponsor Kimi from Kimi Who?.  This girl is fabulously geeky, an animal lover, and a great friend to have on your side-especially in the bloggy world.  I mean just look at this cute face (and that adorable cat!):

Kimi from Kimi Who

Well, Kimi is celebrating her 1 Year Blogiversary-HAPPY ONE YEAR OF BLOGGING KIMI! Which is super exciting, and she's doing 7 whole days of giveaways.  I was happy to get in on some of her giveaway action, but I am also happy to take a moment and introduce you to her here on the blog today.  I asked her a few anniversary-esque questions today.

What are some of the most important things you have learned in your one year of blogging?
I have learned to be less envious of other bloggers. I spent so many years trying to do as other bloggers did because they seemed to be doing well, probably making tons of money and surely they must be famous! This year, I learned how much it costs to actually maintain a blog and while there are plenty of bloggers out there making a steady flow of cash, I realize that most of us aren't. Blogging is truly a labor of love and somewhere down the road, you probably pour more money and time into it than you ever get back.

What was the best advice you have been given during the past year?
I wish I could remember where I first read this advice, but commenting regularly on other blogs has easily been a game changer for my blog. It's been really important to me to pass that advice on to other bloggers because it has worked so well for me.

What is one thing you wish you could have done differently on your blog?
I wish I had maintained a blogging schedule. It was easy to do in the beginning because my full time job had me working stable hours where I was possible for me to consistently post certain types of content. With the constant change in my scheduled days off, my blogging became inconsistent and it definitely cost me some traffic.

Where do you see (or hope to see) your blog in five years?
I have so many great ideas that I sincerely hope to see come to life. I know that I plan to do a lot more posts about blogging and I will eventually write an e-book and offer some courses for blogging and WordPress. It's all in the hopefully not as distant future as I think it is, but definitely part of a 5 year plan!

What do you expect the next year to bring to your blog?
I suspect that in the next year, there will be a lot of posts related to buying a home and decorating it because that's where our lives will be. Hopefully that means some great tips, tricks and money saving ideas.

What is your favorite post you wrote during that year, and why?
Narrowing down 185 blog posts over the last year is definitely a challenge! I think we all lose sight of what blogging is at some point. It's putting yourself out there and really being honest about who you are. I have always wanted my blog to inspire and to touch the lives of my readers and I think that's why my post about My Tattoo and the Serious Reason Behind It is one of my favorites.

 It's a very raw and very real post where I open up and share one of the darkest corners of my life. It's something I don't do too often - not even outside of my blog with friends and loved ones. Sharing that post has been a pretty big deal for me and every time I share it, I feel a little more empowered.

If you could offer one tip for a blogger just starting out, what would it be?
Be authentic. It's tempting to try to do everything like everyone else... but you really need to find your own voice and let it shine.

So as I said above, Kimi has SEVEN days of giveaways.  You can enter day 1-a $100 Amazon Gift Card below, but make sure you run over to Kimi Who for the rest of the days.  So far you can enter to win an art print from Liana Kangas, a Body Naturals bath and body set, and a Funko Princess Cadence.  Plus, make sure to check back for the rest of the seven giveaways.  All end on the 15th!  You can fill out her blogiversary questionaire HERE!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Want to be intereviewed here on My So-Called Chaos like this?  Check out my sponsor options


1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, Kimmy! That is a huge success. Love this giveaway!

    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.