6.18.2015

Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits

Recently, I helped my dear friend Aspen by taking some photos for her Senior portraits.  I had a lot of trouble with the lighting-it was TOO sunny for faces and most of the day was squinting.  But it was educational, and someday I'll be better at taking photos because of it.  These few turned out really good, and she looks lovely.

Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits
Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits
Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits
Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits
Photography: Aspen's Senior Portraits

Isn't she lovely?  This girl is full of sass! 


23 comments:

  1. You have such great style! Love the photos!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senior portraits are my favorite thing!!! I'd be happy to share tips if you're interested. Facebook.com/KassiMortensenPhotography

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to take photos when the sun is just so dang sunny! I've been there! My friends let me take pictures of them right after their son was born and I may have blinded them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Integrated Learning StrategiesThursday, June 18, 2015 at 9:43:00 AM MDT

    Such a great start and fun for seniors! Lighting is always the trickiest part. Took me years to get this and I still struggle with it. I carry my reflector with me every where I go to help with the squinting and the shadows. I always need a buddy to help. Too hard to shoot alone. Looks like a really fun shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is lovely! A tip for full sun is to face your subject so that their back is to the sun, keeps them from squinting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going out and shooting is the best form of experience. You learn a little every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true. I learn from the days that don't work just as much or maybe more than the days that do.


    And yes, she is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, harsh shadows are THE WORST! I did one of my first shoots in a setting like that and it was no good. I did learn a lot! I now only schedule shoots at 7:00 in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great pictures! Congrats to the grad.

    ​xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous photos! And a beautiful lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the park by my house, it's so pretty there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. True! If we'd done it later or a lot earlier it would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah we tried a few of those, but I just couldn't get my exposure right with it so bright behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a reflector, but dumb me didn't use it.. Also you're right, it's too hard alone!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.