2.03.2014

Say Something {Musical Mondays & Giveaway}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a (usually) month-long music related giveaway. 

This week's song:
Say Something
by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera


Say something I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head, I know nothing at all
And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love, just starting to crawl

Say something I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love and I'm saying goodbye

Say something I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would have followed you, Oh
Say something I'm giving up on you

Say something I'm giving up on you
Say something

I really love this song.  The video is emotional, but listening to the song without watching the video has a different meaning for me.  It makes me think back to the people I've loved in the past, those people that part of me will always love, long after I'm over the hurt-and over them.  I think it's time I give up on them.

Sure I've moved on.  I'm dating other people and trying to find someone new to love, but part of them haunts me, and perhaps it always will-but I have to stop giving it the power to.  I have to give up on them. I have to let their memories go, and stop letting the past hurt and fear influence how I go forward with others.  

What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!




Now for the Giveaway
Enter to win an MP3 copy of Is There Anybody There by A Great Big World (sent from Amazon)!
This giveaway will run from Monday 2/3/14 to Friday 2/28/13.  It is open worldwide.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
See last month's winner HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.