2.28.2014

Foodie Pen Pal Swap & Some Confessions

This month I participated in a swap called Foodie Penpals which is hosted by the Lean Green Bean, have you heard of it?  It's a fun swap where you are matched up with a partner (not always a blogger) and you each send the other a box of foodie goods.  

Foodie Pen Pal Swap

I was matched up with Jessica (who's not a blogger so I can't link to her) and she sent me a really fun package with these goodies in it.  Lightly salted dried veggies (which I'm totally addicted to now), Odwalla Superfood bar (it was a great breakfast), Zatarains Red Beans and Rice, Mint Tea, White Bar-B-Q Sauce (so curious about this one!), cajun seasoning, and cornbread mix.  It was such a fun box! I of course sent her some fry sauce (it's a Utah thing), rootbeer extract, and a few other goodies I really dig. :) 

Foodie Pen Pal SwapFoodie Pen Pal Swap

In other news...

I confess that I'm going to drop about $900 on a DSLR and accessories today.  I want it to come tomorrow so I'll be home and with my Prime membership Saturday delivery is only $12.  Still... It's painful paying that much money all in one go... But I want it so bad! Especially before my Oregon trip.  But still... I'm kind of panicking over the money.  lol

Canon T3i


I confess that I also started this morning out looking for a good DSLR camera bag that also could double as a purse since I get two carry-ons and one will be my suitcase so the other needs to hold my camera plus a book, my 3DS, wallet, keys, phone, etc.  But then I came across this awesome tutorial on how to Turn a Purse into a Padded DSLR Bag from Make It & Love It and now I'm thinking I'll put my sewing machine to good use... It just collects dust these days anyway!

How to Turn a Purse into a Padded DSLR Bag

I confess that I'm feeling really fat, and totally bummed that I haven't really made any real effort to lose weight before my trip.  UGH.  Not looking forward to squeezing my butt into those airplane seats and to feeling like a hefer when I buckle up.  Damn.  I guess I have a week, it's not much but even if I can just lose a few pounds I'll feel better.  Maybe I'll go full-on juicing next week.  Also my downstairs neighbors are moving out this weekend so I should start a workout routine while no one is in there! 

I confess that I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of Health NOT to Health NUT.  I hardly every blog over there anymore-but I started it with the hopes that it would force me to write about my weight loss journey-and I just keep failing so it gets no love.  I just don't know.  

I confess that there are a lot of giveaways happening right now (check out the giveaway section of the sidebar to your right! However there is one on Instagram that's not getting a lot of love-it closes Monday and has about 7 entries so you have a high chance of winning if you're an Instagram user in the US!  Check it out

Instagram Giveaway

How are you?  What's up this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.