This week's song:
Try
by P!nk
Ever wonder about what he's doing? How it all turned to lies?
Sometimes I think that it's better to never ask why
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burnt
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try
You gotta get up and try, try, try
You gotta get up and try, try, try
Funny how the heart can be deceiving more than just a couple times
Why do we fall in love so easy, even when it's not right
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burnt
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try
You gotta get up and try, try, try
You gotta get up and try, try, try
Ever worry that it might be ruined? And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing, are you just getting by?
Tell me are you just getting by, by, by?
You gotta get up and try, try, try (repeat x10)
***
Ever worry that it might be ruined? And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing, are you just getting by?
Tell me are you just getting by, by, by?
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burnt
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die
You gotta get up and try, try, try (repeat x10)
***
This song is off of P!nk's latest album The Truth About Love, and it really messes with my head. Not only for the line that says "Funny how the heart can be deceiving, more than just a couple times. Why do we fall in love so easy? Even when it's not right..." so very true-but the line that always gets me is "When you're out there doing what you're doing, are you just getting by?"
When I first heard that line (and subsequently every time I hear it still) I have to stop and think about it. I keep myself really busy, so most of the time I feel just fine. Most of the time I feel just fine on my own, and have no desire to date or even think about it-but it does make me wonder if I really feel this way, or if I'm just getting by...
Especially when I have moments where it creeps up on me. If my brain isn't busy enough, or if I'm trying to go to sleep I start to feel a little lonely. Sometimes I think it would be nice, but the thought of practically applying dating or romance back to this crazy life of mine is really daunting. Every time I think I'm ready to try again the self-sabotage kicks in again... Or when I do actually go out something happens to smack me back down and I spend another year trying to recover. I feel like the older I get the more recovery time I need in between each break up... It's kind of depressing!
But on another note, I LOVE this video. I love the imagery of the chalk and how it represents all the marks that are left on us by love and by our love failures. Plus the choreography is fantastic.
Especially when I have moments where it creeps up on me. If my brain isn't busy enough, or if I'm trying to go to sleep I start to feel a little lonely. Sometimes I think it would be nice, but the thought of practically applying dating or romance back to this crazy life of mine is really daunting. Every time I think I'm ready to try again the self-sabotage kicks in again... Or when I do actually go out something happens to smack me back down and I spend another year trying to recover. I feel like the older I get the more recovery time I need in between each break up... It's kind of depressing!
But on another note, I LOVE this video. I love the imagery of the chalk and how it represents all the marks that are left on us by love and by our love failures. Plus the choreography is fantastic.
What are you listening to?
Don't forget to link up so you're entered to win the music giveaway at the end of the year!
The button must be in your post to qualify for the giveaway! :)
The button must be in your post to qualify for the giveaway! :)
OMG love this new song by Pink and she is is an amazing dancer which is so cool to see just love her
ReplyDeletei love pink, but havent heard or bought this album yet, i'm gonna watch the video in a min :) i havent really bought any new music for months. Mr D is the music man of the house, and even he hasn't. We're going to a gig on Thurs though. The Jim JOnes Review, cant wait!
ReplyDeleteI an LOVING Pink's new album....great choice!!! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!
xo,
RJ
Pink's lyrics are just so REAL.
ReplyDelete