Then spend a day or two there, taking in all the city has to offer in that amount of time. I fell in love with San Fran last summer, so I'd specifically I'd like to show Josh:
Alcatraz:
and Fisherman's Warf
After some time in San Francisco, we'll hit the road and make our way up the coast on the way to Seattle. So far along the way we know we'd like to see:
The Redwoods
The Ocean
Portland
Seattle (and the lovely Beth)
Other than that, I'm not sure of what else we need to see along the way. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them!
Also, has anyone else (reading here) made the trip before? Any tips?
How long did it take?
Love your faces!
In Oregon, you need to go to Tillamook and Lincoln City. Best cheese in Tillamook and Lincoln City is full of outlet malls! In Portland, you have to go to VooDoo Donuts! And, if you're here on a Saturday, the Saturday Market in Portland. It's AMAZING! And, if you are a Goonies fan, Cannon Beach and Astoria are a must!
ReplyDeleteIn Seattle, Pike's Market, Space Needle, The Troll Under the Hawthorn Bridge. If you can, drive up to Sunset on Mr. Rainier. There is just so much to do there, I'm sure you'll have fun!
How fun! I've been to SF three times but never any further up the coast. I'd love to drive all the way up one day :)
ReplyDeletesounds perfect. AND you get to see beth! I'm super jealous!
ReplyDeletewow seems like yall are going to have a fun trip. i wish i could go!
ReplyDeletePortland isn't exactly on the coast- which is lovely, but also a slow drive). In Portland there is the famous Voodoo Donut, Powell's book store, and Bushwacker's cider bar. In the redwoods area of CA, especially, is Arcata and Eureka. If you stop in Arcata, go to Bon Boniere ice cream and sandwiches (in the Jacoby Plaza building in the history downtown). There's also a pretty bitching New Age shop a few doors down from that, assuming it's still in business. And think about what you'd like to see in Seattle, if anything specific. There's a ton, and if we're narrowing it to a day or two there, I want to make sure we see what you and Josh want to see.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait! :D
I was going to suggest Tillamook, but also there is a Peanuts {as in Charlie Brown} museum somewhere around that way. My sister did a trip up that way a couple years back.
ReplyDelete