What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. I'm also going to do monthly giveaways now with lots of bonus points for those who participate. This month's giveaway is for a $10 Amazon Gift Card (but they only get better from here!)
This Week's Song:
Love is Looking For You
by Miranda Lambert
Maybe you're just jaded from some nobody's unforgotten words
Maybe you're just faded a little gray from every time that you've been hurt
So you're looking for your skin
That you never did fit in
But you can't hide when you're turned inside out
Love is looking for you now
Maybe you've been burnin' but you can't blow out a flame that you can't find
And maybe you've been thirsty but the rain just aint enough when you're this dry
So you're runnin' from the water
And the fire's getting hotter
I think you better find some level ground
Love is looking for you now
Love is looking for you now
Maybe you've been wearin' shoes that someone else is wearin' now
Maybe you've been swearin' forever might have already run out
But you can't love yourself
At the expense of someone else
You can't hide a liar from the truth
Love is lookin' for you
Love is lookin' for you
I've been lookin' for you
Baby I've been lookin'
I've been lookin' for you

This Week's Song:
Love is Looking For You
by Miranda Lambert
Maybe you're just jaded from some nobody's unforgotten words
Maybe you're just faded a little gray from every time that you've been hurt
So you're looking for your skin
That you never did fit in
But you can't hide when you're turned inside out
Love is looking for you now
Maybe you've been burnin' but you can't blow out a flame that you can't find
And maybe you've been thirsty but the rain just aint enough when you're this dry
So you're runnin' from the water
And the fire's getting hotter
I think you better find some level ground
Love is looking for you now
Love is looking for you now
Maybe you've been wearin' shoes that someone else is wearin' now
Maybe you've been swearin' forever might have already run out
But you can't love yourself
At the expense of someone else
You can't hide a liar from the truth
Love is lookin' for you
Love is lookin' for you
I've been lookin' for you
Baby I've been lookin'
I've been lookin' for you
I like this song. It's a good little reminder that no matter how much you hurt or think otherwise-love is always looking for you. It's easy to get discouraged when things just keep not working out... But you have to keep your heart open or it'll always pass you by-because someone out there is looking for you. It may not be exactly what you expect, but you will find that when it finally happens-it'll be exactly what you need.
Keep your head up and heart open! Love is lookin' for you!
What are you listening to this week?
*Please if you are linking up put the Musical Mondays button in your post*
The Giveaway!
I want to start offering a giveaway along with Musical Mondays again, so this month I'm giving away a $10 Amazon Gift card to one lucky reader! Next month expect something even better! (If you'd like to sponsor a Music Related Giveaway in an upcoming month for Musical Mondays please email me! I'd love to find some music related giveaways and drive a little more attention to your blog/shop/album, etc!)
Giveaway is open worldwide and it ends/winner will be announced on 5/31/13.
Please make sure to follow instructions thoroughly-they are verified!
Please read full terms and conditions in above RC widget.
I don't know albums, so can I say an artist instead? I am totally diggin' Macklamore! His songs just crack me up :D
ReplyDeleteI dont know the names of the albums but I'm loving Mumford and Sons as usual!
ReplyDeleteLoving Justin Timberlake's new album!
ReplyDelete-Sharon
The Tiny Heart
My favorite artist of all time is the Beastie Boys
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the Eli Young band!
ReplyDeleteI've been listening to a lot of Kelly Clarkson and Dave Barnes lately :) Thanks for hosting this giveaway!
ReplyDeleteMy favoorite band right now is bastille!
ReplyDeleteI never get tired of listening to Miranda Lambert!
ReplyDeleteJustin Timberlake - Mirrors.
ReplyDeleteRight now, I am really into anything by Luke Bryan!
ReplyDeletei'm listening to macklemore...hilarous stuff :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite artist right now is probably Bruno Mars but I've been listening Imagine Dragons a lot too!
ReplyDeletei'm really into imagine dragons
ReplyDeleteIm really liking the new fall out boy songs.
ReplyDeleteExcellent! I'm always looking for new music :)
ReplyDeleteI'm also part of Chantilly's big surprise for Thursday ;) Just wanted to say hi!
These days my favorite artist is either The Civil Wars or Florence & the Machine. Everything that either band puts out, I love.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I haven't heard this Miranda Lambert song before. I really like it; thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLately, I'm really liking songs by Florence + the Machine
ReplyDeleteI love Sara Evans and am excited for LL Cool J's new album!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite artist right now is Bastille :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite artist right now is Anuhea. Love for local artists.
ReplyDelete