Saturday I slept way in, and then we got up and went and got donuts for breakfast. I know, that's terrible but it's been so long since I had a donut! Everyone deserves a little cheat now and then. We mostly relaxed for a few hours, then met Shawn for Pho before going and hunting down a Mother's Day gift for Josh's mom. While doing so, I managed to find myself a new little plant to adopt-so I've happily added some Chocolate Mint to the west window. Here's hoping it makes the house smell lovely when the sun hits it!
Sunday Josh and Max (who has been crashing on our couch) both left early, and I was so excited to have a little alone time I managed to get a bunch of stuff done. I ran to the grocery store, deep cleaned the whole kitchen, and repotted some plants that needed to make a big move. I also managed to get all caught up on Revenge while enjoying coffee out of the disappearing Tardis mug Josh got me for my birthday. Yum!
Then Sunday night I made the trek down to my grandmother's for the Mother's Day BBQ. It was very nice hanging out with my family and celebrating my momma and grandma. Also nice playing frisbee with my little brother-especially since he had shoulder surgery so we could only play lightly. I only busted 2 fingernails instead of all of them! haha
My mom and me.
- I'm working on a new design for Art @ Home and am loving it so far!
- I'm talking to a new guy... Meeting someone new is always
scary andexciting. I'm all about experience and learning new things, and a new person in my life brings those things! Who knows what will happen, but at least I'm putting myself out there right? Right. lol So we probably are going to go out this week-and we have a mutual friend who assures me he's not a serial killer or anything. - I'm probably buying a Canon T3i in the next few weeks. I am so ready for a DSLR!
- There are so many awesome giveaways happening here on the blog still. See the sidebar for details!
- The gorgeous Jolene from With a Little Help from My Friends was taking pictures, and took a "tribute" picture for me... Not only is she pretty, but she totally cracks me up. Look, I'll put them side by side-and I even draw myself that way lol!
What is making you happy this week?




Let me know how the mint works out, I'm very intrigued as to what it smells like and how you will use it!
ReplyDeleteYou and Jolene are two of my favorite peeps! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm having mug envy right now....You seriously have disappearing Tardis mug????? So. Cool.
Great photo of you and your mom. You had a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for linking-up!
xo,
RJ
I was looking plants recently and saw a chocolate mint one but wondered if my eyes were deceiving me - I'd love to know how that one is! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an awesome weekend - and that Tardis mug is way cool!! Love the photo of you and your mom - and the tribute photo from your friend, too! :)
Chilly Mother Nature, a Brainiac Field Trip, Smash and Touch Axed, 24 Revived and Once Upon A Time Gives Birth: RTT Rebel
That's cool you're buying a camera; I love my Canon!
ReplyDeleteI ADORE your coffee mug!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had donuts this weekend too. And you know what? They were DELISH! Oh how I love those bad little fat balls of heaven.
ReplyDeleteYou had a productive weekend and so did I! I even cooked my dinner on Mothers Day. Not by choice though...
Anyway, thanks for linking up!
PS. I hope this new guy that you're talking to doesn't leave you a note on your car. LOL!
wow your mom is gorgeous now i know where your beauty came from
ReplyDeleteI need a Tardis mug. NEED.
ReplyDeleteOh, my oldest would disappear with your Tardis mug. LOL I always look forward to your Happy List. You have the greatest weekends! I have never heard of a chocolate mint plant, how cool is that.
ReplyDeleteYour Mom is Beautiful, now I know where you get your looks...huba huba!
Have a wonderful week.
Sounds like you had a good weekend! I also played some frisbee at a friends bbq this weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou have to grab those minutes when you can. Sounds like your were very productive. I have a huge bunch of Choc. mint and I do believe I will heat up some water and same it with tea. Great idea. It makes me happy
ReplyDeleteKathy
Sounds like a great weekend. A little donut with friends is never a bad thing :o)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of you and your mom. Beautiful.
(my email dis-enabled itself...I think I fixed it, but no idea.)
Your Mother looks young. I need to do a deep cleaning in the kitchen so much. School will be out in a couple weeks so I will do it then. You have had some good times. Good luck with the new guy.
ReplyDelete