This week's song:
A Girl, A Boy, and a Graveyard
by Jeremy Messersmith
Lucy takes the long way home
Meets me in a field of stone
She says "I don't know how I"m supposed to feel
My body is cold, my guts are twisted steel.
And I feel like I'm some kind of Frankenstein
Waiting for a shock to bring me back to life
But I don't want to spend my time
Waiting for lightening to strike"
So underneath the concrete sky
Lucy puts her hand in mine
She says "life's a game we're meant to lose.
Stick by me and I'll stick by you.
I'm like a princes in a castle high
Waiting for a kiss to bring me back to life
But I don't want to spend my time
Waiting for just another guy"
***
I heard this song on The United States of Tara the other day and immediately had to pull out my Shazam app and find out what it was. The bolded lines above are what hooked me and after listening to it a few times I really fell in love with it. So sweet, and sad-with a pretty little melody.
What are you listening to this week?
*hugs*
ReplyDeleteGah, that was such a pretty song! I'm a fan! Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeletehey girl! hope you had a fabulous weekend. it went by way too fast i know that!
ReplyDeleteanyways tagged you in a little post today you should totes check it out.
:)
Love the lyrics- very cool and kind of haunting! The video rocked, also :)
ReplyDelete