8.10.2010

San Francisco: Alcatraz

More pics from San Francisco!
See also:
Alcatraz
 Alcatraz was by far my favorite thing to see.  I loved the tour so much I bought the CD to listen to again later, and a book to follow along.  It was amazing, and the audio tour gave me chills as I walked through and listened to the stories while looking at the old desolate prison.  It was amazing.  I have lots of pictures.

Courtney and I waiting for the boat.

Courtney and Kristina waiting for the boat.

The kids attacking Ken.  Look at Kailee's face. So cute!

Ken and Kaden on the boat.

Court with the city behind her.

Golden Gate Bridge.

God I miss this city.

Kailee watching the city get smaller and smaller...

Their whole family on the boat.
Here are some shots of the island:


The Morgue.

The Showers.

The Courtyard

Kailee in front of a cell.

Solitary Confinement.

Kristi and the kids in solitary confinement.

Windows with bars...

Courtney and I being dorks with our headsets on.

Kailee kept the headset on and followed along.

Kaden with his headset.

Kailee behind bars.

When the prisoners tried to escape they made fake heads out of soap.  Then they used spoons to dig out teh wall to squeeze through and sneak out.

Alcatraz had the best food in the entire prison system.  They believed it directly related to the prisoner's behavior.

This is Ken's nephew's grandfather.  The last prisoner to leave. Kind of neat!
 Ken, Courtney and Kaden leaving the prison.

I love it and I can't wait to go back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.