What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us. Along with talking about music, I host a month-long music related giveaway.
This week's song:
Afterlife
by Ingrid Michaelson
When the world is breaking down around you
Taking everything that you know
What you didn't know is that we can go forever if we want to
We can live inside of a moment-the one that we own
You and me, we've got this
You and me, we're beautiful beautiful
[Chorus]
We are we are
We're gonna be alright
We got we got
We always got the fight in us
We are we are
We're gonna live tonight
Like there's no tomorrow
'Cause we're the afterlife
Living like you're dying isn't living at all
Give me your cold hands put 'em on my heart
Raise a glass to everyone who thinks they'll never make it through this life
To live a brand new start
You and me, we've got this
You and me, we're beautiful beautiful
[Chorus]
'Cause we're the afterlife
'Cause we're the afterlife
Every time I close my eyes I hear your favorite song
Telling me not to run not to worry anymore
I can hold on tight to nothing better than the rest
So it's now or never more
[Chorus, repeats]
I love this song. Not only does it have a great beat, but the message is fun! Stop living for the afterlife that may never come and just be your afterlife now-live! Go and do! Celebrate! Support those who don't feel like they can keep going and remind them that they can-life is for the living! You know, all that.
Also this is Ingrid Michaelson's new album and it doesn't come out until the 15th, so I've decided that is what my giveaway for April-the brand new album Lights Out. It sounds like it's going to be a really good one.
What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!










No comments:
Post a Comment