1.27.2014

Starring Role {Musical Mondays & Giveaway}

What is Musical Mondays?
Musical Mondays is a weekly linky party where we share a song we're into for the week, and talk about why we like it-or why it effects us.  Along with talking about music, I host a (usually) month-long music related giveaway.

This week's song:
Starring Role
by Marina Mena



You're hard to hug, tough to talk to and I never fall asleep
When you're in my bed ll you give me is a heartbeat
I've turned into a statue and it makes me feel depressed
'Cause the only time you open up is when we get undressed

You don't love me, big fucking deal
I'll never tell you how I feel
You don't love me, not a big deal
I'll never tell you how I feel

It almost feels like a joke to play our part
When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart
You know I'd rather walk alone than play a supporting role
If I can't get a starring role

Sometimes I ignore you so I feel in control
Because really, I adore you, and I can't leave you alone
Fed up with the fantasies that cover what is wrong
Come on baby let's just get drunk forget we don't get on

You like my dad, you get on well
I'll send my best regards from hell

It almost feel like a joke to play our part
When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart
You know I'd rather walk alone than play a supporting role
If I can't get a starring...

I never sent for love, I never had a heart to mend
Because before the stunt began I always saw the end
I'll wait for you to open up to give yourself to be
But nothing's ever gonna give, I'll never set you free
Yeah I'll never set you free

It almost feels like a joke to play our part
When you are not the starring role in someone else's heart
You know I'd rather walk alone than play a supporting role
If I can't get a starring role
A starring role

This is the accoustic version, but you can listen to the album version HERE.  I really love this whole album, but this song is one of the ones that hits a little more close to home for me-in a good way mostly!  It's a good little reminder that if someone isn't making you a starring role in their life, they're probably not worth your time and you should move on.  I think we all need to be reminded of that sometimes, whether it's in dating or just in regards to friendships.

What are you listening to this week?
Please grab the button and link up your Musical Mondays post in the linky!





Giveaway
Enter to win an MP3 copy of Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds (sent from Amazon)!
This giveaway will run from Monday 1/6/14 to Friday 1/31/13.  It is open worldwide.  This is the last week!


No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.