7.19.2011

Lots of Happenings

I made it a week with the Juice Cleanse, but I'm not looking at it like I broke it-I actually made the decision to do this another way.  I'm going to let myself have a few good meals on the weekends and special occasions-but mostly throughout the week I'm going to stick to juicing, and fruits and veggies.  That way I can keep losing without having to give things up entirely.  

My boss got fired Friday.  I don't know all of the details, but from what I can tell they just told him he didn't fit in with their future.  He built our team, and made it what it is-if he doesn't fit in, do I?  Do any of us?  Should we all be freaked out that we'll lose our jobs soon?  

Also, he was one of the best bosses I've ever had.  I'm truly sad he's gone.

So far this week, I'm feeling very annoyed and grumpy.  Perhaps the boss thing comes into play, perhaps a weekend of over-indulgence and the desire for more fatty foods, or maybe I'm just PMSing.  If that's the case, I hope my time of the month comes and goes quickly before my damn trip! Pray for me ladies.

Speaking of, my trip is in 10 days!!! I'm dying for it to be sooner.  I'd be packing today if it were at all practical.  Can it be the end of the month yet?  I need a vacation sooooooo bad.  Also, I'm extra excited that Kristi is coming with us!

The roommate had an interview to become full time yesterday.  Everyone send prayers, good thoughts, and cross your fingers he gets it! He needs this! 

I got to meet these two adorable puppies Sunday. Finally made it up to see Matt's new house and spent a little bit of time with the kiddos and the puppies. SOOOOOo cute.  Seriously.  Now I want to go play with them again! They're so sweet! 


How was your weekend?

7 comments:

  1. They look super sweet. I think being too strict on ourselves can set us up for failure.

    Sucks about your boss. I'll be sending good thought your (and your roomate's) way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute puppies!

    Sorry to hear about your boss, that's rough. A good boss is hard to come by.

    I think it's great you did the juice fast for a week, of course the key is to make a realistic lifestyle change for yourself and it sounds like you're doing that by allowing yourself full meals and fruits and veggies. You're setting yourself up for success by not totally depriving yourself of things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be worried too ~ if he was your boss who taught you everything then obviously you're working the way he taught you all... and if he doesn't fit, then do you?! I hope everything goes okay & maybe it was something else that you don't know about & they're just lying! lol.

    And I'm sure you'll do great with the juicing during the week & taking breaks on weekends. It's hard to go out and do anything without eating at a restaurant or whatever ~ I'd never have that self control on the weekends! lol
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My job is seasonal, but I was expecting to be there until at least the middle of August. A few people have been let go last week so I'm hoping it's because they were being bad and not just because they're starting the lay-off process. I guess I need to start looking harder than I've been looking..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've got a lot going on :) Sucks about your boss. It's sad that companies treat people poorly just because they can due to the bad economy :(

    And those puppies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks about your boss. Maybe there is more to the story.

    I need a vacation. I want to go somewhere that has temps in the 80's and not 100's. Have fun!! i'm super jealous.

    Those puppies are so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many doggies in one post! So cute! I'm so sorry about your boss- that's really sad and a little scary. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, though. I think you made a good choice with the juice cleanse, and I hope you have an awesome time on your trip (even though I'm sure I'll talk to you before then!)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.