She was released early on Sunday (Happy!) and sent home with heavy painkillers, blood thinners, and oxygen because every time they try to take her off oxygen her heart rate shoots up to 150 (which is heart attack level.) The oxygen and painkillers are required for at least 3 weeks, which makes it difficult for her to do much and impossible to drive. She also has to be on the blood thinners for six months so the clots will dissolve.
I went up and helped her drive the kids to school, take care of the newborn, and drive her to her doctors appointment yesterday. It was so nice to be around her and the kiddos (Happy!), but man I don't know how she does it driving kids back and forth to school all day! Kailee has to be there at 8, Kaden at noon, and then pick them both up at 3 (which is a madhouse.) You mother's amaze me.
I also got a new nose-ring this weekend (Happy!), which I LOVE. However I had to take it out because it got all infected. Boo. :(
Friday night I worked on crochet while Julie colored in my big Disney princess coloring set I got for Christmas. It was really fun to just hang out and have a girls night while we got addicted to a new show called Revenge (Happy!). Then Jon and Meggy came over (Happy!), as well as Ortie (Happy!), and we all hung out-it was fun!
Saturday I crocheted (Happy!) for a good portion of the day, and munched on pretty tomatoes (Happy!) from my moms garden. Fall colors! Ashlie from Painting Bliss pointed out that I'm very into these colors lately. After running some errands we went to Lucky 13 to try their new peanut butter and bacon burger. It was meh, but the company was awesome! (Happy!)
Sunday before I headed up to Kristina's I went over to Ashlee's house to work on the baskets for the CFPU Howl-O-Ween Event's silent auction. We have some AWESOME stuff (Happy!). I also met her two foster pups (Happy!) which are absolutely adorable-and available for adoption! The pretty puppy (super sweet and didn't bark at all) is on the left, and Ginger the mamma is on the right. So cute.
Other things I'm happy about right now:
- My iPhone5 shipped yesterday, and so I should have it by Wednesday evening! When I ordered it last Wednesday the AT&T rep told me 21-28 days to receive, the confirmation email told me 14-21, and I'll actually have it in 7-8! SWEET!
- My Halloween costume/dress also shipped yesterday, which means I should have it in time for the Howl-O-Ween event on Saturday! Yay!
- I've painted more dream catchers, and my feathers are starting to look better!
- I'm obsessed with the latest P!nk album this week... So good, expect a really good Musical Monday's soon for one of the songs-it really messes with my head!
- Josh and I bought tickets for the Alanis Morissette concert in Boise next week-we're driving up Monday and coming home Tuesday! So yay for an awesome concert AND two days off work!
- I am now over 800 followers, which means a big giveaway for it soon! Look forward to that!
How was your weekend?
What are you happy about?



P.S. Don't forget to enter to win the original painting "White Pitcher on Purple" by Cynthia Haase Fine Art - Ends tomorrow! 10/3/12
P.P.S. Don't forget to enter my Meet the Sponsors giveaway for September and you could win free ad space on My So-Called Chaos for October! Ends 10/6/12
























So glad that your friend is going better. Those pups are absolutely adorable. And your feathers are really looking good.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous week, love!
You're a good friend. I'm not looking forward to all that school drop off/pick up stuff.
ReplyDeleteEww. Sorry about the nose ring. That stinks. Can you put it back in after the infection?
Look at those adorable pups! I hope they find homes. I hate thinking about dogs and puppies without families. It makes me so sad.
Thanks for linking up!!
Glad to hear your friend is home and hopefully resting and recovering well! I know how you feel - I have no idea how moms do it these days, I have the highest respect for them!
ReplyDeleteSo much to be happy about - that's awesome :)
Girl you are so productive! And what an amazing friend you are, too!! So glad to hear about your friend doing better. She'll remain in my thoughts. AND you care for animals. Are you a saint?
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
So glad your friend was able to come home. Hope things continue down a good path. Love the nose ring!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a good friend! Did they ever figure out what the heck happened? I hope she's feeling better, although I'm sure exhausted and frustrated at the whole oxygen thing. :(
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of happy....drive safe to the concert! And enjoy. And congrats on 800 Followers!!
Dangit! I forgot all about Musical Monday! I have been preparing for {yet another} IEP meeting at Shelley's school.
ReplyDeleteLots of happy over here today!!! :D I love how you enjoy life, Angie. You are fun with a capital "F".....and you are such a great friend, too. Nice to read an update on Christina.
Thanks for linking-up to My Happy List!
xo,
RJ