5.22.2012

Books 'n' Bloggers SWAP!


That's right, it's a BOOK SWAP! 
Are you as excited as we are?

Beth and I have decided to host this swap together.

The Deal

Who's hosting?
Angie from My So-Called Chaos


Dates to Remember:
Sign ups: (Today) May 22nd - Saturday, May26th
Matches sent out: Wednesday, May 30th
Send date: Friday, June 15th & Saturday, June 16th
Goodies Link Up: Friday, June 22nd.


Shipping:
 First Class, Parcel Post, or the equivalent with another shipping vendor .
(we know that Media Mail is cheaper, but we want everyone to get their books relatively quickly). 

What you are sending:
3 books, each within theme.

Book #1: A Book You Love
This is a book that you are particularly fond of.  Maybe it's your favorite, or your favorite lately, or just one you really think that everyone needs to read in order to survive this crazy little world.  Your choice-show them your tastes!

Book #2: A Book You Haven't Read
Maybe someone recommended this book to you, or you just saw it and though-that could be really good, but in any case you want to read it but haven't yet.  Create a potential shared favorite!

Book #3: A Book Your Partner Wants
This is where you're going to need to do a little research.  Follow up with your partner and find out what kind of books they like, check out their Amazon wishlist or Goodreads To Read list to see what they want to read but haven't yet!

*Books can be used, but must be in really good condition!


Don't have a good bookstore near you? 
The Book Depository offers free shipping and has many titles!

Requirements

  • You must be an active blogger located in the United States.
  • You must be willing and able to follow the rules and participate.
  • You must not be a flaker. If something arises that keeps you from following through with the swap, you must notify us immediately (either of us, you'll have our emails). We understand that life happens sometimes, and if you give us advanced notice we can make sure that your partner doesn't end up heartbroken and bookless. We don't want anyone to be bookless!

How To Sign Up
  1. Follow both of the hosts blogs:  

  2. Fill out the Swap Sign-Up Form HERE.
  3. Update your Goodreads To Read list or Amazon Wishlist.
  4. (You don't want them sending you something you already have for book number 3)
  5. Wait for an email from the hosts confirming that you are in.  
  6. **Do NOT link up without being confirmed.**
  7. Once you are confirmed, create a blog post with the button (code provided in the email sent by hosts) and link that post up with the linky below!
  8. Once you're matched up start shopping!
  9. When you receive your books, create a post and link up with the hosts!


13 comments:

  1. yay! i saw this and i knew i definitely wanted to join in! seriously this is going to be so much fun! i can't wait to start shopping!

    great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Too bad I don't have the funds to buy three books for someone else right now. Hopefully I can jump on board next time though! Have fun girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, man. I wish I could do this swap. Sounds like so much fun! But we'll be on vacation and I'm sure I'll be broke by the end of it. Have a fantastic swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is definitely a swap I would have loved...but the timing couldn't be worse. Hopefully you'll do another book swap like this another time when I can actually do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO want to do this swap!! But I read everything on my Kindle now....I wish were an easy way to do a swap with ebooks....eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you can give ebooks for the Kindle as gifts....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to be doing this again? I really want to join but right now really isn't a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! This is such an awesome swap! I want in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :/ The swap form is down for maintenance.....HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Angie! I wanted to participate in this endeavor but I reside outside US. But I love this idea. Perhaps, if you don't mind, I will be doing something like this on a personal level with my local blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.