6.23.2011

50 Things I'd Like to Do This Summer

*UPDATED on 10/4*


"Create a bucket list of 50 things you want to do this summer."
 When Mama Kat recommended this as a writing prompt, I couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon.  I love setting goals and trying to accomplish them! So here are my goals, in no particular order.

1.   Lose 20-30 pounds or 2 sizes. (At least)  FAIL
2. Learn to Hula-hoop. SUCCESS!

3. Start exercising at least 3 days a week and gradually work up to more.  FAIL
4. Drink No Soda. SUCCESS! I had a few, but didn't pick up the habit again.
5.  Keep not eating candy, except special occasions. (keep it very rarely!) SUCCESS
6. Re-open my savings account and start saving better. SUCCESS!
7. Finish Feng Shui-ing my bedroom and the rest or the house with the roommate.  FAIL
8. Keep my bedroom and apt uncluttered and clean. FAIL
9. Host several more kick-A parties! SUCCESS!
10. Go Camping. SUCCESS! 


11. Go Tubing again, even though I'm scared! FAIL - too much runoff.
12.  Go Swimming often. FAIL - not even once :(
13. Attend the Farmers Market regularly and support local produce. SUCCESS! 
14. Start Hiking again. FAIL 
15. Get out of the house and be more social with people. SUCCESS!
16. Add lots of cool new things to my Etsy Shop. SUCCESS!
17. Hit 500+ Followers.  SUCCESS!
18. Get a Mani-Pedi and feel pretty! SUCCESS!


19. Go on Vacation. SUCCESS! Made it to CA, OR, & WA! 
20. Start writing again. SUCCESS! (I'm counting deeper posts on my blog!)
21. Put bright colors in my hair. FAIL. I did dye it brighter red though... haha


22. Make a new friend. SUCCESS! 
23. Spend more time with family. SUCCESS! 
24. Read at least 5 books. FAIL. Damn.
25. Get my Passport. FAIL. Double damn.
26. Pick up a new hobby.  SUCCESS!
27. Take lots of pictures! SUCCESS!
28. Avoid drama, seek out joy.  SUCCESS!
29. Spend time reconnecting with Mother Earth. SUCCESS!


30. Speak, think, and feel positive as much as possible. SUCCESS!
31. Surround myself with nothing but love and good energy. SUCCESS!
32. Spend time with my little fur/scale babies. SUCCESS!
33. Heal old wounds. SUCCESS!
34. Prevent new wounds by not letting things get to me so easily. SUCCESS!
35. Spend more time with my little family of roommates (and others). SUCCESS!
36.  Visit friends more often, especially the ones I don't see as much. SUCCESS!
37. Send more snail mail, especially surprise snail mail. FAIL. I avoided it. lol


38. Keep Health NOT to Health NUT updated with inspiration. SUCCESS!
39. Eat more organic, naturally grown & healthy food. SUCCESS!
40. Learn to cook Vegan.   FAIL
41. Feel inspired daily, and find something to be thankful for every day! SUCCESS!
42. Like what I see in the mirror more often. FAIL
43. Do something new with the blog. SUCCESS!
44. Spend as much time barefoot as possible. SUCCESS!
45. Keep the blog updated and not get sucked into the summer lull. SUCCESS!
46. Comment and visit bloggy friends as much as possible! SUCCESS!
47. Buy and wear more pretty little sundresses! SUCCESS!
48. DRINK WATER!!! FAIL - I was doing really well, but vacation threw me off.
49. Let those around me know how much I love them often. SUCCESS!
50. Be Happy and Love Life! SUCCESS!


What are your goals this summer?

This post brought to you by:


All images from we♥it

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great list! I'll have to take some inspiration from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted a colored extension for a couple of years now, I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it yet, lol

    You've got yourself a pretty great list - good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it... and number 28 was a big one. We all need to do that! and teal would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, why are our lists the same? That's pretty awesome!! Especially 1-7 (minus the hula hoop part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic list. It would be fun to put on of these together with my hubby and have a family one, although there are certainly things I would put on a just me list too. Mani-Pedi being at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Awesome list! I'm going to contribute to your summer goals by becoming a follower! Woohoo! Summer is HERE! (and i totally get you on writing more and not falling into the summer lull... i fell into that abyss about a month or so [maybe more!] ago...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING the list, girlie!! We have a lot of similar summer goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely wonderful bucket list for the summer. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, I'm stealing this. ;)
    I love the teal hair! How awesome would that be!
    And August...hrmm....Ireland? One week doesn't seem like it would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these kinds of lists :)
    God luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome list! I so need to add drink more water! And eat smores! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd love to have fun colored hair. i hope you accomplish all your goals.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.